Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014

This has been the best week ever in awhile:) SIL was here all week so I got to go out to lunch with the girls, get my haircut, go to a play, quilt and sew:) yea!!!! Of course I am back on duty starting tomorrow and will be on for a week. We are trying this to give us more of a break then the 4-5 days we were getting before.

Ok now to the fun stuff.....
This is Marlene's Veterans quilt.

I looped with stars on the top half above the poppies and just looped on the lower half.
 

Love love the batik backing!!!!

Corolla is ahead for Christmas with this quilt! She still has to add buttons to Santa's face.

I got to play) Quilted fun feathers in the border.

Can really see my quilting on the back:)

Another quilt from Corolla. This one is going to Germany to a family member for his birthday.

Lots of stippling on this one.

Perfect backing fabric!

Monica made another Texas flag:)

She is also ahead for Christmas this year:)

I just played in every block:)

Backing:)

My dear friend Dot had extra theatre tickets and offered me 2. So I dragged my friend Pat along to this amazing musical! What fun we had!!!
 
Have an awesome week! I will be finishing up  my daughter Kayla's Steampunk Crazy quilt wallhanging....I hope:)

1 comment:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Lou I love the Veteran quilt. Looks like one of the Quilts of Honor I saw at the Sisters Outdoor quilt show. They had an entire lawn of quilts for honoring servicemen.

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...