Sunday, August 16, 2015

Aug is halfway gone already!!!

This was a quick week since I wasn't home for most of it:) Pat stole me and we went to Dallas area for 3 days:) Had SO much fun!!!! Ate new foods... a Gyro...and bought a bit of fabric:)
We were headed to the Plano quilt show and to a Make a Blanket day for Project Linus. All were a success!!!

First though Pat took me to downtown Dallas for a few other tourist sites.
This is the cattle drive in the middle of downtown Dallas. The sculptures are very detailed and huge!

Here is Pat's better side:) But it is mostly to show you how big they are.


They meander down a hill.


.




And across a pond. To the right there is a walkway with old brands and behind it is a very old cemetery with the first Mayor and other important people from the very early years of Dallas. Very interesting!
  • This is the Kennedy Memorial. The sun was so bright and directly in my face so got these off the Internet.


This is the inside... it is a place for reflection. We drove by the Grassy Knoll and depository.
Will save that for next time.

Dallas County Courthouse built in 1892.




 This is the only completed quilting I got done this past week. Delyte had this runner top given to her and she wanted me to finish it.

Loved the quilting of it:)

Did the binding and the quilting looks pretty good on the back too:)

My trip treasures:) everything else I bought I ate:) ha ha!!!!

Another busy week but hope to have a few more quilting pictures since that is the main reason you read this:) ha ha!!!

Have a great week and get that Christmas sewing started:)

No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...