Sunday, August 23, 2015

Heat Break!

We had 1/2 in of rain last week?? I know it never rains in August! It dropped the temps below 100 and we are SO thankful! Of course back to 99 today but yet another cool front and a chance of rain next week:) Yea!

I had a VERY busy quilting week even though I was only home 2 days:) I was the energizer quilter:)

Gayle had this beautiful yardage and didn't want to cut it so just added a pieced border in the center. Great idea!

Kinda laying crooked:(

She used  Minkee on the back and just wanted loops:)

Shaleem made this Texas quilt that grew and grew:)

Love the different fabrics!
I used a Texas pantograph of Hats, Texas, and Longhorns on it.

Here is the hat.

Here is the Texas with a star in the center.

And lastly the Longhorn.


She used her extras for the backing.

Kathy made this great Blue and White quilt for her Grandson.

She just wanted loops and her grandson's name on it.



Shaleem made this Kate Spain stars quilt and let me play:)

I did small swirls in the stars and then straight line quilting in the fabrics around them.

I matched the thread colors to the fabrics:)

Here is the backing... you can really see the quilting:)
My Hexie quilt now had the top and bottom insets done... working on the corners now:)

Took one of my machines to the spa and the shop had this adorable ladybug notion holder... HAD to have one!!!!

She holds a pair of embroidery scissors, 6 bobbins and is also a pincushion. Oh and she has a suction cup on her bottom. What a great idea!

They also had these cute Hexie boxes:) Mine is still empty but just give me time:) ha ha!!!!

Have an awesome week!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...