Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tomorrow is February

Hello all:)

The weather here has been absolutely amazing! Upper 70's during the day and 50's at night. And yes you guessed it... it will change yet again. Tomorrow evening a cold front is coming through and our highs will be maybe lower 60's and down to 28 + for the nights:( UGH!!! Just stay one thing!!!

Hubby was home for 2 days this week with what we think was Cedar Fever. I was out 1 day. This stuff just kicks our behinds! We are both feeling better and had someone tell us of some Texas Cedar Fever drops that work in the organic/healthy aisle of HEB. Will definitely be checking that out!

Since I was housebound one day I discovered the house needed a real deep cleaning. You know that Spring cleaning habit people have? Me either:) I used to do Fall and Spring cleaning and now it's hit or miss with  mostly misses:) Well I started by cleaning the entertainment center and fireplace during the week. Yesterday I cleaned the windows... inside only as there is still rain coming.. hopefully... and washed the curtains. They are really white instead of that gray color:) Well this morning hubby and I finished the living room. Yup moved furniture, cleaned baseboards, the whole thing:) Now we can just sit back and enjoy it:) Of course the rest of the house looks pretty bad.... next weekend we are hoping to clean the kitchen/living room. I can do the buffet and china cabinet during the week. Hard to believe I used to do all this twice a year by myself over 4 days.

Did get some quilting done:)

This is my newest Lucy Boston Cross all done. I have 2 more prepared to sew together:)

Cam made this very modern star quilt.

I just love negative space:)

Backing...I did ruler work and freehand.

love it!!!!

Kathy J made this quilt for her granddaughter.

Love the scrappy fabrics and the beautiful Dresden in the corners!

Check out the fussy cutting:)

Lots of feathers and swirls:)

Backing was a pale pink fabric... just lovely!

Busy week on the road this week. 
Hope to get one quilt loaded and started but that is probably all. 
Better get Bianca loaded up... we have class tomorrow. There will be actual sewing done:) yea!

Have an awesome week!!!!


No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...