Sunday, October 30, 2016

Happy Halloween!!!!

Here it is almost November! WOW!!!! I feel like I am SO behind!! I will get it all together with a little help from my friends:) haha!!!

The grand-kids just left... they cam trick or treating to us today:) They are now headed to MIL at home:) She will be So happy to see them!

My daughter and hubby are coming for Christmas so we are very excited about that!

I did get some quilting done this week:)

Diane's Texas Our Texas quilt. Hand and machine applique:)

Every block was different so lots of fun!!!

It needed some shiplap .... shout out to Magnolia:)... or Beadboard as I call it:)

I will try to put feathers everywhere now:)

Great backing fabric!

Rising sun.....

The only request she had was the quilted flying geese trail... was a lot easier then I thought it would be:) She called and loves looking and seeing all the different things I quilted:)

Setting sun.....

Sarah made her second and as she says her last Dragonfly quilt:)

Lots of curls and swirls:)

Nice closeup of her dragonfly... it has the folded fabric stitched down to make the curves.

Her back was a light purple batik... just beautiful fabric to showcase all the quilting!

Gloria usually quilts her own but she made a whopper of a t shirt quilt and I got to quilt it for her:)

I always love looking at all the shirts.

I think this one was my favorite:)

And the backing was perfect!!!!

Mary Belle made this cute rag quilt for her niece.

I quilted loops and hearts all over:)

And minkee on the back:)

Not one of my cats but still cute!!!!

I will be heading to Houston Quilt Fest on Wednesday  and will be back on Saturday so hoping to get the one quilt that is loaded done before I leave... that is the last trip of the year for me so then I can hunker down and quilt till I run out:)

The back is SO much better and the more I rest the better it gets but there is no rest for the weary... ok the busy:) especially this time of year!!!

If there are others heading to Houston... safe travels and have fun!!! For those of you staying home.... we will buy enough for you:)

Okay break times over get sewing!!!!





1 comment:

Gloria said...

So cool seeing my quilt in a blog! Thanks again for your awesome quilting.

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...