Sunday, April 29, 2018

The horrible, terrible week:(

Hi All,

Was definitely a bad week! Took Buster the eldest into vet on Monday... congested, loss of appetite and just looked like he felt icky... they took blood, and ran tests... all good. Then took urine from his bladder and my hand was by his head and bam I got bit:( UGH! So really for the $ he had tests and got some fluids and antibiotics. They treat you as a leper when you come in with a sneezing cat:( Suppose to be highly contagious.... he stayed in one of the exam rooms the whole time.
So went home and cleaned my bite... then quilted.

Tuesday woke up to see a red line going up my arm from the bite :( so went to urgent care and got a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Said if not better in 2 days to go straight to ER... what??? Well that got my attention!!! So went home and quilted:) Discovered I hadn't had a tetanus shot since 1973 :0

Wednesday the red line was lighter and Thursday is was almost gone:)  Today I only have a dime size redness around the bite... am still on antibiotics.

I did quilt on Wednesday and attended Bee on Friday. After Bee I had an appt to put Buster to sleep... he had absolutely no change since  Monday:(  He is now in no pain and playing with friends:)

So see why it was a horrible week? This coming week will be SO much better!!!!

Ok on with the quilts:)



RIP Buster... he was 14+ years old.

Kathy J's donation challenge quilt.

LOVE it!!!! Quilted hearts and then filled them in the plain squares and hearts and loops in the border. Love the prairie points!

Scrappy backings are my favorite.

Brenda was busy with a Sunbonnet Sue again:)

So sweet! mostly free motion and some ruler work.

Love the backing!



And Brenda made a Sunbonnet Sam? Not sure of his name:)

More free hand and ruler work.

Same backing:)

I got one of my Project Linus quilts quilted:)

Will let Pat bind and turn in for me.

I got these 5 Steampunk blocks finished at Bee. I am behind and the only time I really have right now is at the Bee:)


We have been working... very slowly.. on hubby's half bath.
This pic shows everything that we gutted a few weeks ago. The weather has not been cooperative so nothing has been done until.....

This weekend:) All the sheet rock has been installed and the first mudding done:) Will sand and reapply next weekend:) Yes the flooring still needs to come out and then we can see what needs to be replace underneath... We have most of the bigger items already purchased so after we get a bit further it should all fall together rather quickly:) I hope!!!..

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!! I SO plan to!!!



No comments:

Last Post

 Hi All,  A very busy week and another is heading my way! Lots of quilting got done and lots of errands and gatherings next week:) This is m...